Friday 6 June 2014

Operation Pretty Porch

OK so you may remember from one of my last posts that I have a slight obsession with anything that lights up. Now that spring has definitely sprung my husband and I have been busy cleaning up the yard and making things look all pretty.

We had the front porch built a couple of years ago and also decided at that time to switch out the front door for a bright red shiny new one. Growing up on a farm in Ontario our front door was red and since then I always wanted that for my own home. I am really happy with the renovation results but felt the space was lacking that special little added touch. We already had the bistro set but the space needed something more. The wheels started turning and I developed a vision.

My vision consisted of solar powered lanterns, a bunch of them. It was not until this past weekend that I scored and found exactly what I was looking for at Winners.


Buying them was one thing, I then had to figure out how to arrange them all. I think I found the answer though. I am so happy with the way it looks. Now I just need some red flowers and a bit more green foliage.

I tried to take a picture of the lanterns all lit up at night but sadly it did not turn out. I guess you will have to use your imagination.

I will keep you updated with any advances with "operation pretty porch"!

Have you done any outdoor decorating?







2 comments:

  1. Hi There!
    I really like the way you have set out your porch and am LOVING the lanterns - i really enjoy these sorts of blog posts and think you have a nice style - i will follow you on bloglovin'! :)

    emilyspolkadotsocks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emily! I really appreciate your comment. I have a lot of pride in my home and really enjoy doing little projects like these. I am happy to hear you are now following me. I have lots of ideas floating around so stay tuned.

      Delete