Thursday 5 June 2014

Welcome to the Aveda Fan Club

So here's the thing.... I have a slight obsession when it comes to hair care.  I am head over heels crazy for Aveda's hair care products. This may partially be out of accessibility, but I am definitely hooked now.  I love the look, messaging and mission of Aveda and I can't get enough of the heavenly scents.

I am sure most of you are familiar with the brand but for those that are not, Aveda is an earth conscious company that uses many naturally derived ingredients in their products.

"Naturally Derived: We define naturally derived ingredients to be those for which more than 50% of the molecule comes from a plant, non-petroleum mineral, water, or some other natural source. 
Our commitment to deliver high performance, botanically-based products that are kinder to the planet – which is good for all of us -- goes much deeper than our use of naturally derived ingredients. " 
Sourced from the Aveda website.

Here are my three current favorites:

1. Brillant - Medium Hold Hair Spray -  Seriously, I kid you not, this stuff smells A-MAZ-ING!  It gives you the perfect medium flexible hold and it makes your hair nice and shiny. This hairspray is for all hair types and even works in high humidity. I am a huge fan, I love this stuff, can you tell? Brilliant I tell you!

2. Blue Malva - Color Conditioner - This is the key to keeping an ashy blond stay ashy.  I apply this once every two weeks or so and it helps keep my blond hair nice and bright in between colorings. This conditioner also acts as an intensive treatment that leaves hair feeling soft, smooth and nourished. Before using a product like this I would suggest consulting with your hair stylist. Blue Malva will always have a place in my shower.

3. Pure Abundence  - Hair Potion- This is a styling product that adds texture and fullness to the hair. You can use this two different ways. One by simply sprinkling this on your dry/wet roots to give your hair added volume. Or you can liquefy the powder in your hands and work it into your roots and hair. It's great at adding that little bit of grittiness to the hair.  Here is the link for more tips and tricks. 

Aveda has recently come out with a new dry remedy daily moisturizing oil that claims to add moisture to the hair by 41%.  To use this you emulsify one to two drops  in your hands and then work it throughout the hair.  It is formulated without silicone and contains the hydrating power of buriti oil. I plan on getting this next time I visit my salon. Here is the link for more info.

new dry remedy™ daily moisturizing oil


What Aveda products are you loving?
xoAngela


No comments:

Post a Comment