Wednesday 21 January 2015

Lost Memories

So the story goes....... a week or so ago my girlfriends and I were headed out for a nice dinner together. I ran out the door, started the car and realized I had forgot my camera. I ran back into the house, grabbed my camera and headed to dinner. We had a great meal and wonderful conversations although I did not take any pictures. Guess I was to busy gabbing to bother (wink).

After dinner we said our goodbyes and I headed to the grocery store to pick up a few things before heading  home.

The next day I went to get something out of my purse and realized my camera was no longer there. I began checking all the obvious places and then called the restaurant to see if I had left it there. No luck!  I then called the grocery store and they hadn't seen any sign of it either. (sigh) My husband even went and looked in the parking lots to see if it had dropped out of my purse. Still no sign of my camera.
Life is Like a Camera Quote Print Photography Black White Home Decor Wall Art Photographer Gift Print Camera Lens
(print by KimberosePhotography can be found on etsy)
It's been almost a week now since I last saw my camera. I have to tell you, I am nearly sick over this. I really could care less about the actual camera but it's the thousands of missing pictures of my kids and family that's killing me. The sad thing is I did not copy these anywhere, nor did I print any of them either. Those pictures are gone forever.

Moral of the story, don't be careless like me. Transfer your pictures onto an external hard drive or print them often.  Do not risk losing them like I did. I am still praying that it will surface although I am very slowly and uncomfortably coming to terms with the loss of my precious memories.

On the brighter side.....guess we have some serious catching up to do! Let the good times roll. 
Say cheese everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no...I understand the feeling. i hope you find your camera.
    M-Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good moral and really poetic title haha. Well, I hope you keep having loads of fun and take some new pictures to remember. At least the memories aren't gone!! They're still in your head, right? ;) Just remember to back up your photos this time xx

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yes you are right, they are in my mind. You bet I will definitely we backing up any and all photo's now. Thanks so much for your comment. Take care, xoAngela

      Delete