Monday 23 June 2014

Zesty Jerk Chicken

This is a great recipe that I have made six times now. It is so yummy and the chicken turns out perfect every time.  I learned how to make this in a cooking class I attended. We had a few people over for dinner on the weekend and we decided to make it.

Here is how you can make it too:

Ingredients:
6 green onions, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
3/4 cup of soy sauce
1/2 distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
2 tbs of brown sugar
1 tbs chopped fresh thyme
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1 1/2 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions:
In a food processor or blender (I used the magic bullet) combine all the ingredients except the chicken. Mix for about 20 seconds.
Place the chicken in a medium bowl, and coat with the marinade ( I put it all in a large zip lock bag). Refrigerate for 4-6 hours, or overnight.
Preheat grill (BBQ) and cook chicken until juices run clear.

This is a meal that we always look forward to. It's got a little spice to it but it is not too spicy if you know what I mean. I usually serve this with roasted sweet potato, cumin rice and a crisp salad.

Give it a try, I guarantee you will like it too.  

2 comments:

  1. YUmmmmm! Thanks for this, it looks so yummy! I love chicken dishes! x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Charlotte. This chicken is great! I cut up the rest today and put it on top a strawberry spinach salad with cranberries and balsamic dressing. Soooooo good.

      Delete