Tuesday 24 June 2014

Confessions of a Neat Freak (#2) - The Power of an Hour

As you may know by now I like things neat, clean and tidy too!

This may sound crazy but I  have always thoroughly enjoyed cleaning my house from top to bottom and then relishing in the sparkling results. I always found such joy walking into my freshly cleaned home. Then there were kids.............

After my first child was born the joys of cleaning from top to bottom vanished. Number two then came along and my old cleaning system was so distant in the past only light memories of what a "whole" clean house felt like lingered within.

Lots of adjustments when babies come along, this was definitely one for me. Many people may not see cleanliness or tidiness as a priority but it is etched into my brain pretty darn deep (aka possibly slight obsessiveness).

So I have come to terms with things now and learned a few tips along the way to help me accomplish what I feel I personally need to do. I call this post the "power hour" because that is how long my lunch break is. I am fortunate enough to live within minutes of my job so I scoot home on my noon hours and turn into the clean mean dirt fighting machine.

Once I get home if the weather is fair I go for a 10-15 minute jog. After this I heat something up quick for lunch which leaves me with 30 minutes to tidy up and clean. Some days I will sweep and mop the floors, others I will go through quick with the vacuum, dust, throw in a load of laundry or simply wipe up the bathroom. When you set your mind to what you want to accomplish it is amazing what you can do in as little as an hour. So set goals but don't be unrealistic or you will only set yourself up for failure.

I love my life and I love my kids and I still enjoy a clean home. With a little extra planning I can have it all! My new motto, "at the end of the day, the toys go away".  Seriously though you would not even know we had kids if you walked into our home after bedtime (ha, ha).

What was your hardest adjustment to life with kids?
xoAngela

3 comments:

  1. Oh, will you clean my house? Please. Please. It's a real mess.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/06/ww-world-cup-google-art.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Joyce, I'll help you out! You pay for my travel and I'm there (ha,ha).
      Thanks for reading my blog. Have a good one!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I really appreciate your comment!

    ReplyDelete