Thursday 19 March 2015

First IPSY Bag!

Well today was pretty exciting! I received my first monthly IPSY bag in the mail! For those of you that are not familiar with this company, it is a monthly subscription that sends you 4-5 new skin/makeup /hair products to try each month in your very own personalized IPSY bag. WOOHOO!

I decided to sign up last month and give it a go. The cost is $10 plus $4 shipping to Canada. The only thing that surprised me a little was that it was in US currency. So.... with the rotten exchange rate the total was $19. To sign up I completed a simple questionnaire that allows them to tailor the bag to my likes and interests. Once the bag was ready to ship they provided me with a tracking number so I could count the days till the bag was in my hands. Sooooooo exciting!

Here is what I got in my first IPSY bag:




Two Skyn Iceland Hydro Cooling Firming Eye Gel Packs. This is essentially a mask for your under eye area. You place them under the eyes for ten minutes then remove and discard. This should be fun. I love masks on my face although never did one specifically for my eye area. Geez these guys at IPSY must really know me well. I have had horrible dark circles under my eyes that I currently blame on the time change.

Pixi - Shimmering Bronzer/Highlighting Duo. This is really cute. It seems like a great multi-functional product as it can be worn on the eyes or the cheeks. This will be great for summer.

NYX Butter Lipstick in HUNK. I didn't know what to think of this at first, but I think this "hunk" is growing on me (wink). It's definitely a new addition to my current lip color collection that's for sure. I know you can't really tell by the pictures but It's bright purple!

Crown- Dual Ended Shadow/Crease Brush. I was hoping for a new shadow brush and voila! I have not used it yet but it seems like it's very good quality and I love that it is dual ended. Great for traveling.

Coolway - Glow Oil Hair Treatment. This is a product I have not heard of before. Sounds really interesting though. You can apply it wet or dry and it gives the hair a shiny appearance. Can't wait to try it out.

And a cute little flower makeup bag to store everything in.

The verdict is in..... I am satisfied! I think it may be a tiny bit steep in price due to the currency exchange, but I love the idea of trying new products every month and having them shipped directly to my door. So far so good IPSY!

Here is the link if you are interested in signing up to IPSY. I also noticed that Birchbox is in Canada now.

Can't wait to see what next month has to offer.
xoAngela


3 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to commit to any box yet, and with the horrific exchange rate € in $ this is not the time to try this one, I am afraid.

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh would really like to try the Skyn eye gel packs. Also, I'm really into purple at the moment and I've heard those NYX lippies are great! Nice review, seems like a well-rounded bag.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently have some difficult conversations and I did what a lot of people do when they want to know how to do something. I googled it. I came across Dr Williams herbal medicine on blog-site so many people suffering from different kind of palsy and dystonia thanking him about his good work. I also have dystonia. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my dystonia status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Williams for everything he have done for me,after taking Dr Williams medicine i was completely free from cervical dystonia within one month of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete