Wednesday 17 December 2014

DIY Soothing Bath Gift

I recently gave this gift to a very special and dear friend of mine. It was super easy to make and I just happened to have all these ingredients on hand.

The "Soothing Momma"bath kit contains lavender bath salts, coconut body butter and a bar of Kiss My Face olive oil soap.

For the bath salts I used Epsom salts and a few drops of lavender oil. I mixed it all up and put it into a nice jar.

The body butter is made with coconut oil mixed with a bit of Aveda's Beautifying Oil. (I used this on my growing baby belly when I carried both my little ones and was left with no stretch marks at all, BONUS!)

The olive oil soap is a staple in our home. I believe the ingredients are olive oil, water and salt. Pretty simple, just how I like it (wink). My kids and I have used this for years.

Our bodies absorb 70% of what we put on our skin so it is important to be aware of what ingredients are in the products we use. I know I am consciously reaching for more "healthy" products for me and my family. Why not give the gift of safe handmade bath products?

SEVEN more days to go! Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment