Sunday 2 November 2014

More DIY Wall Art

As I mentioned in a earlier post, I have been tapping into some of my creativity to come up with some unique, pretty and of course cool artwork to display on some blank walls. This is one of which I came up with.

So how did I do this? Well..... I started with a canvas frame that I pick up from the dollar store. I then took the canvas and glued several pieces of scrapbook paper onto it. I made sure to thoroughly glue each piece down very well. Once the glue was dry I took some vinyl letters that I picked up from Walmart and stuck them where I wanted on the picture.

This is a different one I did but it gives you an idea of this step. For the one pictured above I actually glued a piece of old sheet music onto the canvas and then painted over top lightly so you could still see the music.

After the vinyl letter are where you want them you can than spray paint the entire picture. You may want to do two coats depending on the effect you want to accomplish. The top one took two coats and the bottom one I just used one.

Once the paint is completely dry you can go ahead and carefully peel off the letters and voila, cheap art!


Hope you all have a very wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment