Tuesday 16 September 2014

Tarte's New Smoothing Primer

I recently picked up the new Clean Slate Timeless Smoothing Primer from tarte. It's a primer that claims to give you the blurred effect by helping to minimize large pores and fill in fine lines, aka wrinkles. It can be applied prior to makeup application or to simply wear on it's own.
Tarte's Clean Slate Smoothing Primer

I have to say this is definitely the thickest primer I have used. It almost has a pasty consistency. When I use this I take a bit and warm it between my fingers and than smooth it over the sections of my face that I want diminished or "blurred".

" The antioxidant-rich formula is infused with vitamins C and E, and green bean extract gently absorbs into the skin delivering a surge of moisture, peptides, and other naturally-derived elixirs so that skin has a firmer and smoother look."
Tarte's Clean Slate Smoothing Primer
It definitely takes a bit to get used to and if you are not careful it can ball up a bit. If you smooth it on rather that rub it on your face you should not have this problem. I really do like this product and the way it feels on my skin after I apply it. It has a smooth powdery feel.  Like most tarte products it is formulated without parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, tricosan sodium lauryl sulfate, gluten and is dermatologist tested and cruelty free.
I have applied it to my hand without smoothing it to give you an idea of the "pasty" consistency

I would definitely recommend trying this product but I don't know about using it all over your face, it might be a bit heavy.  For targeted zones I think it works great.  I have been loving this as a great under eye primer. It helps hide my fine lines and mama eyes (wink). It definitely helps diminish pores as well.

Have you tried any of tarts's primers?

6 comments:

  1. It sure looks heavy yes. But I'm a sucker for primers and I've made it my mission to try them ALL, so I'd definitely give this one a go :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is on the heavier side. Worth a try though. I use it sparingly. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This primer takes some getting used to but the end result is great. Thanks for commenting Monica!

      Delete
  3. Love the sound and weirdly I love the look of it too….I think I'd enjoy using this….will had to search for it here! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is worth a try. It's kind of in a league of it own. Thanks for commenting Layla!

      Delete