I decided to take this opportunity to reflect back on the past four months of blogging. I am probably the least "techy" person so this whole journey has been one big ol' learning experience. Seriously though, I'm still rocking the old flip cell phone and have no idea how to text (although I am aware that if I want to communicate with my girls when they are much older I will have to conform, lol).
Here are a few of the things that have changed since I started blogging.
1. I am now taking weird random pictures of the most obscure objects, makeup, food etc. The kids were a little confused at first but I think they get it now. The neighbors probably think I am coo coo though. I am currently robbing my hubby's phone to take most of the pictures but have decided to keep my eye open for a decent DSLR camera.
2. I am constantly thinking BLOG, posts topics, ideas, recipes, pictures etc. Ideas just seem to pop into my head at the most bizarre times. My husband aka editor, is amazing at listening to my random blog thoughts. Thanks for being a such a trooper hun!
That's him! Remember where's Waldo?
4. On the downside, I am shopping a bit more. Clearly for research purposes for the blog though (wink).
5. I am watching very little TV. The blog has taken over my zone-out evening TV ritual. Although it will never take away my bachelorette/bachelor though.
6. Like most bloggers I am sure I have become a bit OCD about checking the number and locations of people viewing my blog. FYI, I am averaging around 75- 100 views from all around the world every day with very little promotion. This makes me happy as a clam.
I believe it is healthy to continue to learn, even as we get older. Starting this blog I was forced to learn to edit pictures, create collages, use html's etc. I believe it's healthy to push yourself out of your comfort zones and to make yourself vulnerable at times. You never know what you can achieve if you don't try, right? Always strive to be the best you can be.
Four months ago I jumped head first into the blog world and created Palsy-walsy and I have not looked back once. I have always been some-what creative, but after the kids were born I did not have much time for this to flourish. This blog has definitely fueled my creativity and I look forward to it everyday. My blog really is an extension of me and my personality.
What surprised me the most about it all is how extremely self fulfilling and rewarding this could be. Creating the blog gives me such a wonderful sense of accomplishment and the bonus is, people are viewing it. Finding comments people have left is extremely exciting and flattering. It is nothing but goodness all around!
Thank you for choosing to follow my blog. It means the world to me. Feel free to join me by either cracking a cold one or, popping the cork in celebration!
Sending big Palsy-walsy hugs to you all.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow my blog with Bloglovin