Saturday 26 July 2014

Brownie Strawberry Trifle

When I was young I can remember going strawberry picking with my Mom and Dad.  My Dad would joke and say, they should have weighed me before going in as I would eat more than I picked. To carry on the memory of strawberry picking, I take my daughters picking every year. We don't pick a lot, just enough to eat and make a few recipes.

My in-laws were coming up this weekend to visit so I knew I wanted to make something special for dessert. I had a bunch of strawberries to use up so I started looking on the internet for a new strawberry recipe and this is what I found, Brownie Strawberry Trifle.

I have to tell you this was super easy to make and incredibly delish to eat. We all agreed that this recipe would be a keeper.

Next time you have a bunch of strawberry's and need of quick dessert, this could be your winner.


I found this recipe on Food.com.  Here it is:

Ingredients

    • 1 (20 ounce) boxes brownie mix ( I use Betty Crocker)
    • 1/4 cup water
    • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 quart strawberry, thinly sliced, save one whole for decoration
    • 2 (3 1/4 ounce) packages French vanilla instant pudding
    • 8 ounces Cool Whip
    • hershey's shell chocolate syrup, as needed

Directions

  1. To make brownies:.
  2. Heat oven to 350°F.
  3. Grease bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
  4. Stir brownie mix, water, oil and eggs in medium bowl until well blended.
  5. Spread in pan.
  6. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean; let cool.
  7. While brownies are cooling slice the berries and set aside.
  8. Mix pudding with 2 cups of milk and whisk until thickened.
  9. Fold in Cool Whip.
  10. To layer, put brownie for first layer, add strawberries for second layer, drizzle with chocolate shell and the pudding mixture layer.
  11. Repeat layers ending with the pudding mixture.
  12. Decorate with the whole strawberry, cool whip and drizzle with the chocolate shell.
  13. Chill until serving about 3 hours at least.

xoAngela

No comments:

Post a Comment