My in-laws were coming up this weekend to visit so I knew I wanted to make something special for dessert. I had a bunch of strawberries to use up so I started looking on the internet for a new strawberry recipe and this is what I found, Brownie Strawberry Trifle.
I have to tell you this was super easy to make and incredibly delish to eat. We all agreed that this recipe would be a keeper.
Next time you have a bunch of strawberry's and need of quick dessert, this could be your winner.
- 1 (20 ounce) boxes brownie mix ( I use Betty Crocker)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 quart strawberry, thinly sliced, save one whole for decoration
- 2 (3 1/4 ounce) packages French vanilla instant pudding
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- hershey's shell chocolate syrup, as needed
- To make brownies:.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Stir brownie mix, water, oil and eggs in medium bowl until well blended.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean; let cool.
- While brownies are cooling slice the berries and set aside.
- Mix pudding with 2 cups of milk and whisk until thickened.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- To layer, put brownie for first layer, add strawberries for second layer, drizzle with chocolate shell and the pudding mixture layer.
- Repeat layers ending with the pudding mixture.
- Decorate with the whole strawberry, cool whip and drizzle with the chocolate shell.
- Chill until serving about 3 hours at least.