Saturday 31 May 2014

Spring Makes ME Smile

The last few days have been amazing! 
The sun is out, the birds are chirping and the grass has never been greener. 
Spring just fills me with an overabundance of joy! 
Spring makes me smile!
I always tell people, I am not built for Canadian winters. I don't like being cold, I barely ski, and I definitely do not like cleaning snow off of my car, although who really does right???? I'm kind of like a bear, I hibernate in the winter and come out of my cozy den in the spring. 

Now that it's much warmer I'm out walking, jogging, and biking with the kids every opportunity I can get. You blink and summer is gone. You learn to enjoy every last second of it here in the Maritimes. I guess that is the perk, when you live in a vortex of snow for five months you really gain a special appreciation for springtime.
I've also enjoyed seeing all of our neighbors out again. Other then the occasional wave as you're running in from the car in the frigid cold, we really don't see them in the winter. The warmer weather definitely brings people closer together, that's for sure!
The girls have picked several bouquets of dandelions for me, although no dandelion tea yet. I remember when I was little I used to make dandelion tea for my Mommy. I'm pretty sure she drank it too. Since then I have learned that there are actually some great health benefits to drinking dandelion root tea. I guess I had the best of intentions as a child. Bring on the tea!
Other signs of spring  include the blossoming of our apple tree, grass stained knees, smells of the BBQ, clothes drying on the line and sunflower seeds sprouting from hand painted pots.  
Spring just makes me smile!!

What makes you smile?
xoAngela

2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with you that the lovely weather makes me smile :) I hope you are having a lovely weekend xx

    www.lulabelloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy. Same to you. Keep smiling.
      xoAngela

      Delete