Friday 28 November 2014

A Story I Will Never Forget

I love to read but having two young children does not give me a lot of opportunity to do so. Rarely do I ever go to bed without flipping through the pages of a book, this is my "book" time.  Because I have so little time to read it has to be a great book that can pull me in for short amounts of time.

Well I have to share with you a book that did more than just keep my attention. This book captivated me and left me thinking about it most of the day. It took me down dark tunnels I did not think a human could ever bare to go.The book is titled "A House in the Sky" and is written by Amanda Lindhout and Sara Corbett.


This memoir tells the heroic true story of Amanda Lindhout's fifteen months spent captive in Somalia, the most dangerous place on earth at the time. The book takes you on the most incredible journey of survival, strength and determination. The story Amanda shares is amazing!

The way this book made me feel was very similar to "Room", by Emma Donoghue, which is another great read that I would  highly recommend.

If you are looking for a crazy good page turner "A House in the Sky" is the book for you. Amanda proves that the human spirit cannot be broken, even in the darkest of times.

This is one story I will never forget.
xoAngela
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment