Wednesday 20 August 2014

School Lunch Inspiration

Well  I think it's fair to say summer is beginning to wind down. The days are getting shorter and the nights are getting a wee bit cooler. Am I ready for this? Not in the least, ha!

The count down to the first day of school is well on it's way. I am already racking my brain trying to come up with lunch ideas for school. You may wonder why the worry, well this is because I have a peanut butter sandwich only kind of girl.

I have been hearing about these " bento" lunch containers that keep the food all separated yet still all together. I am thinking this might just solve my worries about lunch. Here is what I found:
This kit is from laptoplunches.com  and comes with everything you see including a stainless steal fork and spoon.  It is made in the USA and does not contain BPA's, phthalates, or PVC. This kits sells for $38.99 which is quite pricey although I would consider this an investment piece as it should last till university (wink).

The kits have a place to put a small ice pack in so the food stays cool. They also sell accessories to make funky vegetable and fruit shapes, not the mention a teddy bear sandwich shaper (how awesome is that?)

Here are some lunch options for using the boxes I also found on their website.
Quesadilla, Bed of Pea Shoots, Pineapple and Strawberries, Baby Carrots, Honey Mustard Dressing, Fruit and Nut Bar
Whole Wheat, Smoked Turkey Sandwich, Broccoli, Carrots and Red Pepper, Ranch Dip, Banana and Strawberry Hearts, Mango Covered Almonds
Pizza, Carrots, Ranch Dressing, Raspberries, Chocolate Macaroon

Don't these look delish!  

Here is another company called Yumbox.com, they have an eco-friendly design that eliminates the use of lids as well. 
Yumbox Framboise Pink Packed Lunch with Yogurt

Wish I had these when I was a kid. I think the days of squished sandwiches and boring lunches are over.

Have you heard or used any of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment