Friday 27 June 2014

The Highlight Effect

So why highlight? Like contouring it helps bring definition and light to the face. It also gives you a glowing from within effect.

You apply the highlight where the light would naturally hit your face. Areas like the top of the cheekbones, directly under the eyebrows, above the eyebrows, forehead, bridge of the nose, and your cupids bow (directly above your top lip). Now there is a point of no return when highlighting, you can over do it very easily. I personally tend to hit the cheekbones, eyebrows and cupids bow very faintly. I have found a couple of different products that help me achieve the look. Here they are:

1.   Rimmel - Wake Me Up - 001 Flush of Pearl.- I picked this up on sale at the drug store not long ago. This is the more subtle of the three. I have on occasion added a touch of this to my primer to help liven up my face. If I  have a late night or am up in the night with the kids this is my quick fix for a very tired appearance the morning.

2.   Hard Candy - Pin up-  I bought this one at Walmart as I heard it was similar to some of the higher end brands.  It is more of a bronzing highlighter that works well over blush. For the price point (3.99, I believe) this is great. I can see this lasting forever.

3.   Benefit - Watt's Up - This is the high end beauty. I received a deluxe sample from Sephora but have been using this on occasion for months now and there is still a tonne of it left. I like the effect but sometimes have a hard time blending it out as it is more of creamy texture then the others. Benefit gives you the effect without being overly shimmery.
I have applied the products quite heavy so it would show up for the photo above. Normally I would not use this much on my face.  Less is best when highlighting.

Whats your go-to glow? 
xoAngela

2 comments:

  1. I so love the Benefit Watts Up! It's such a gorgeous highlighter isn't it? xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree Gemma, great product! Thanks for commenting! Have a great weekend!

      Delete