Wednesday 18 June 2014

Rainy Day Spa Party

I have been trying to plan a kids "spa day" with the girls for a little while now. There has been so much going on the past few weekends that we could not find the time. Well this past weekend we decided to make the time. Here is our "girls only" spa day party! (don't think hubby was too upset about be banished to the basement to watch the tube)
Number one is to have lots of choices. Kids love spending time going through the colors.  I think this could possibly be the funnest (word?) part.
I started by soaking their feet in a warm water mixture of bubble bath and epsom salts. Once dry I then applied cream for a mini relaxing foot massage. Next is the polish. The girls were allowed to choose two colors and we created a pattern by alternating the colors. Once the polish was dry we applied some flower decals and finished with a top coat of sparkles to seal everything in.  

I think they turned out pretty darn good!

To finish off the "spa experience" we decided we should have a tea party. I pulled out the tea set and set up the plates with treats and fruit. We talked with pretend accents as we sipped our tea and ate our snacks. 
It was a wonderful rainy day activity spent with some pretty special young girls. 
I honestly don't know who had more fun, me or the kids!
(Now if I can just get them to give me a pedicure I will be all set, ha ha)

xoAngela

2 comments:

  1. Aw I bet they had a great day.
    Wish i'd had Hello Kitty polish at that age
    xx
    dreamsof-newyork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so much fun! I really enjoy doing stuff like this with my girls. Sadly the hello kitty went all gooey and we had to throw it out. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete