Tuesday 24 March 2015

Creamy Hash Brown Casserole

With Easter right around the corner I thought I would cook a nice ham dinner this past weekend. Like chocolate goes with peanut butter, hash brown casserole with ham......soul mates (wink).

I am sure everyone has their own version of this casserole but here is one I found on the food network. This recipe calls for crushed chips on top although  I did not have these on hand so I used cornflakes instead.  I was informed afterwards that the chips are the "key" to the deliciousness by a friend of mine. I will be sure to use them next time.


Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter, plus more for dish
1 onion, chopped
1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of celery soup
1 (8-ounce) package shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend (I just used cheddar)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (30-ounce) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed\ (I used the larger size hashbrowns)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups crushed potato chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a casserole dish.

In a small skillet, melt 1/4 cup of butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Pour mixture into a large bowl. Add the sour cream, cream of celery soup, cheese, garlic powder, hash browns, and salt and pepper. Combine until well blended.

Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Top evenly with crushed potato chips and bake for 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Source
xoAngela

1 comment:

  1. I recently have some difficult conversations and I did what a lot of people do when they want to know how to do something. I googled it. I came across Dr Williams herbal medicine on blog-site so many people suffering from different kind of palsy and dystonia thanking him about his good work. I also have dystonia. I wasn’t running all over God’s creation with every man I could find but here I am. I have felt bad about myself for so many years now because of my dystonia status. I obviously still have some self-accepting to do but I want to thank Dr Williams for everything he have done for me,after taking Dr Williams medicine i was completely free from cervical dystonia within one month of usage, I think what you are doing is so admirable. you have helped me a lot! I want to definitely reach out to you and thank you for your amazing work. You are a good person, and an extremely talented man. You have helped millions with your herbs, and have really inspired me,and i pray you still continue doing the good work.you can also email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete